Believe in The LeTip Creed
LeTip is a professional organization of men and women, dedicated to the highest standards of competence and service. Our purpose is the exchange of business Tips. Members will, at all times, maintain the highest professional integrity. Each business category is represented by one member and conflicts of interest are disallowed.
We need to break the Creed down into 5 sections so we can understand what believing in the Creed leads to.
1. LeTip is a professional organization of men and women – Being a professional organization means that this is not a part-time hobby. All members work at least 80% of their time in the business they represent in LeTip. Why is this important to us? We need to know you are representing your category so our clients can reach you to have business done. Webster defines the word “Profession” as “engaged in a specified activity as one’s main paid occupation rather than as a past time.”. We don’t just get together to talk about business. We run a tight ship. We are organized like a business
2. Dedicated to the highest standards of competence and service – This should really be two different discussions. First “competence” and then “service”.
Competence can only be attained through rigorous effort and training. No professional athlete gains competence in their sport unless they are first trained by someone and then they put in the practice time. It is possible to become an active Tipper without going to a Network Training Seminar, but it is unlikely that you will become the best Tipper you can be without listening to ideas from your peers, or the experts who teach these classes? Take advantage of all that is offered to you.
Service is a separate issue. No one can train a person to be willing to serve others. We often hear about the servant leader, a leader that believes their job is to assist everyone else in doing the best they can at their job. You likely have some of these people in chapter leadership positions. While LeTip does train our Board Members, it is up to you and your chapter to seek out and encourage members to take leadership positions. It is also up to you to find ways to serve the chapter even if you can’t take a leadership position. Committees are always looking for members to take a more active role in moving the chapter forward, whether it is the Membership Committee, the Tip Master’s committee or helping the Vice President with setting up and taking down the meeting room. Even the Treasurer needs a committee, someone who can take the place of the treasurer for a treasurer’s report during a regular chapter meeting.
LeTip provides training each year to your chapter’s board of directors to make sure that they are focused on being of service to their chapter members. A board position is hard work. The board spends more time than the normal member making sure that your sales force is working for you. Remember to recognize them often.
3. Our purpose is the exchange of business Tips which equates to “Dollars In Your Pocket!®”
LeTip promotes the family nature of our organization more than most networking groups. This means that your members will always act on your behalf as a part of your sales force. All they ask in return is for you to do the same. We are truly loyal to one another.
We use each other’s services and products and “sell” your business to others. We do this in the form of tipping at each meeting. We pass warm leads and give you the information before the meeting ever happens. At the meeting, we look for information on the tips to give or allow more outside business when written correctly. When we put good information on a tip, typically five to seven more people have the opportunity to receive more business. You must read the tips!
4. Members will, at all times, maintain the highest professional integrity. Integrity is our number one core value. What it means is that we do the right thing when it comes to business without hesitation. If we say we will deliver, we will deliver. There may be life events that slow us down but we take care of business. At times, we may come across a member who does not act with integrity. We have methods of handling this from fines and reprimand to termination. We believe everyone has our best interest at heart.
Your Chapter will not survive if this is not held in the highest esteem by all members.
5. Each business category is represented by one member and conflicts of interest are disallowed.
We do not allow conflicts period. Once in a chapter, you own the seat. There may be cross over to what you actually do, for instance, a property and casualty insurance business may also offer life/health and disability, but you will only talk about property and casualty and all of that business is yours without fear of competition! We must learn what your business is about so take the time to create your 30 second commercial and remember to ask for the business each and every meeting. We do not hold crystal balls and cannot see into your future. You hold the keys to success. Teach us, train us and we will work for you!
For more information, please go to LeTip Wired and look at all the documents listed there. You can also share any of the blogs with friends and family. Working together, we create and maintain a much stronger organization all working to put “Dollars In Your Pocket!®”
Kim Marie Branch-Pettid
40 Years of helping build businesses just like yours, everyday of the week.